Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MOJO Fo' Yo'!

Hi, everyone!  I'm back from our Regional Convention in Tacoma on the weekend.  We had a great time despite the fact that some were a little under the weather and we got home SO late on Saturday night!  See, we were so intent on our conversation that we totally missed the turn-off for Bellingham.  We suddenly saw signs saying the border was just a couple of miles away and we thought, "How could we be at the border?  We haven't even been through Bellingham yet?"  Then the awful truth hit that we had missed the turn-off and were at the Peace Arch border crossing in White Rock! That meant at least an hour more in our trip home!  And we were dead tired after a full day of awesomeness! 

We also had many delays trying to get out of Tacoma.  I won't say that whoever designed the parking procedure in the Tacoma Convention Center was out of touch with reality, but we stood in line for 20 minutes to pay for our parking at an automated booth, then the barrier arm wasn't rising, so many people were stuck in the parkade until an attendant came to fix it.  Then there was a huge, slow, automobile line up trying to get out (and you only had 15 minutes after paying for your ticket until you exited the parkade or it would no longer be valid!). 

After finally getting out of the parkade,  we had to buy gas and find I5, neither of which was easy.  (I think the guy who designed the signage for the I5 was the same one who designed the parkade system.)  As we tried to exit Tacoma, there was a big traffic slow down caused by a police search on the side of the freeway, using police dogs and everything! 

When we started to move again, we were startled to see a huge bird flying directly at our windshield!!  We screamed in unison as it seemed unavoidable for it to hit, when it veered upward at the last second!  I think it was some kind of owl, probably a Great Horned owl.  A "fly-by owling," as Rebecca called it!  Anyway, we finally made it home by 1:30 am, and we were not a pretty sight by the time we did!

With the adventures of the weekend behind me, I was happy for a little quiet stamping time today, and, as always, I worked on the MOJO Monday challenge for this week.  Here's my card:

 
For some reason, I decided to go Halloween again, using the Toxic Treats stamp set (my only Halloween set).  It just seemed to fit the challenge.  Here's the sketch:
 
 
 

I also used more of the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, which I think is the main reason I'm making any Halloween projects.  It is just so cool!  The main image is the witch on the broom from the Toxic Treat stamp, inking up just the witch part using a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker.  I did the same sort of thing with the sentiment, which fit perfectly on the black stripes of the DSP.  I inked up the "Trick or" in Basic Black using the marker, then cleaned the stamp carefully before inking up the "Treats" in Tangerine Tango.  I used the new Striped Satin ribbon from the Holiday Catalogue and tied a bow with some 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Basic Black and Tangerine Tango.  Quick and simple for the most part!
 
I also wanted to let you in on the new promotions for the month of October:
 
 
Learn more about it here.   Also, Stampin' Up is running a trial purchase period where some stamps from full sets are also being offered individually!  This is in effect until January 2, 2013 and involves only 3 stamp sets (see below).  These individual stamps are clear mount only and are packaged in cello bags.
View fliers for Word Play stamp set here; for Perfectly Penned here; and for Seasonal Sayings here
 
There are also permanent price reductions for some printed projects in MDS 2, but I will highlight that on Thursday in my blog.  Love Stampin' Up promos!
 
Stamps:  Toxic Treats (w127898; c127901)
Paper: Basic Black (121045) and Very Vanilla (101650) card stock; Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP (126906)
Ink:  Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Black (100082) and Tangerine Tango (Brights Collection - 119702)
Accessories:  1/2" Striped Satin ribbon (127837), 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Basic Black (119261) and Pumpkin Pie (119253)
Tools:  Scallop Circle Bigz Die (113468);  1 3/4" Circle Punch; 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
 
 
 




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and get to know you better! Thanks for adding one!