Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Quick Post

One of my favourite crafting blogs is written by Dawn Olchefske.  I love her creativity, but most of all, her tutorials, which are clear and easy to follow....and she has such a nice-sounding voice!  Her latest post introduced a technique she calls "Triple Time Stamping"  and she created a beautiful card that I decided to CASE.

One of my daughters is going through a particularly difficult time right now and I wanted to let her know how much she is loved and thought about.  This elegant card seemed to be the right touch for this instance.



I used Raspberry Ripple, a rich and beautiful new In Colour, both in the card base and mattes and as the ink for the images.  Two of the stamps sets, Papaya Collage and One in a Million are new to the 2012-2013 Idea Book and Catalogue.  The background stamp is from an old favourite, Creative Elements.   The card is created by cutting the three panels of Whisper White cardstock and temporarily adhering them with a small spot of Snail adhesive, then stamping on them like they were a single sheet.  You then take them apart and adhere them permanently on their mattes except for the largest one.  Before adhering that one, you add the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and cut out the sentiment and it's matte using the smallest and next to smallest Labels Framelits.  I popped these up by mounting them with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added some Basic Rhinestones on the flourishes.  By the way, I got the flourishes on the sentiment panel by using a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write marker on the tips of the Creative Elements sentiment frame. (See below).


I used a single piece of Whisper White, stamped again with the flourish from Creative Elements and the rose from Papaya Collage, along with the sentiment from Word Play, for the inside of the card.



I'm hoping that it lifts her spirits, as she has lifted the spirits of so many others in the past.

Here are some of the Stampin' Up products used today:

One in a Million Stamp Set
Papaya Collage Stamp Set
Creative Elements Stamp Set
Framelits Labels Collection

Have a Stampin' Sunday!

2 comments :

  1. It was so nice to get this in the mail, Mom! Thanks, it did lift my spirits. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and get to know you better! Thanks for adding one!